Alteo Limited is committed to the highest standard of business integrity, professionalism and transparency to ensure that all activities within the group are managed ethically and responsibly. The Board of Directors is aware of its responsibility to maintain a high standard of corporate governance and has set up an Audit & Risk Committee and a Corporate Governance, Nomination, Remuneration & Ethics Committee to assist the Board to fulfil its obligations in that respect.
The governance of Alteo is based on the Mauritius Companies Act 2001 and the Mauritius National Code of Corporate Governance, as well as the other relevant Mauritius laws and regulations. Alteo’s shares are listed on the Official List of the Stock Exchange of Mauritius Limited (SEM) and is governed by the Listing Rules of the SEM.
To download the constitution of Alteo Limited: click here.
In accordance with the Code of Corporate Governance, the Board of Alteo has constituted an Audit & Risk Committee and a Corporate Governance, Nomination, Remuneration & Ethics Committee. These Committees are both chaired by an Independent Non-Executive Director and operate within defined terms of reference, independently from the Board.
AUDIT & RISK COMMITTEE
The composition of the Audit & Risk Committee is as follows: click here
The core responsibilities of the Audit & Risk Committee include the following:
- Monitoring the integrity of Alteo and the group's financial statements;
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the Alteo internal control and risk management systems;
- Appointing internal and external auditors; and
- Monitoring the objectivity and independence of external auditors.
The Audit & Risk Committee meets on average 4 times a year.
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE, NOMINATION, REMUNERATION & ETHICS COMMITTEE
The composition of the Corporate Governance, Nomination, Remuneration & Ethics Committee is as follows: click here
The core responsibilities of the Corporate Governance, Nomination, Remuneration & Ethics Committee include the following:
- Ensuring that the Board remains effective and adopts prevailing corporate governance principles;
- Reviewing the size and composition of the Board, recommending the appointment or re-appointment of Directors and planning for succession;
- Determining and developing Alteo's policy on executive management and Directors' remuneration; and
- Defining the code of conduct underpinning ethical corporate behaviour and ensuring that Alteo's values and rules of good conduct are respected.
The Corporate Governance, Nomination, Remuneration & Ethics Committee meets on average twice a year.
Created by Circus